Wednesday, October 20, 2010

ela blog complete works of william shakespeare (hamlet)

hamlet prince of denmark is the story of hamlet the prince of denmark and his uncle who

SPOILER ALERT

murdered hamlets father to take the throne hamlet is visited by the ghost of his father who tells him to avenge him hamlet seeks evidence of the murder the name of his uncle is claudius and his attempts to murder hamlet result in the end of the play

SPOILER ALERT

he ends up killing all main characters inadvertently

in my opinion this is the moral of the story his greed was his downfall and the downfall of all others in the play
another moral is that hamlets determination for revenge leads to his downfall

greed + revenge = hamlet prince of denmark

3 comments:

  1. that's an interesting point. I totally agree with the revenge being his downfall idea. the only problem is that, had he not taken revenge upon his uncle, he would have no way to accomplish anything and would probably go mad from
    SPOILER ALERT
    the ghost of his father. Great entry, persuaded me to bring out the old Shakespeare book. Never the less, I don't think I'm going to bring a 10 lb 2500 page book to school.

    Ghost. Revenge is foul and most unnatural.
    Ham. Murder!
    Ghost. Murder most foul, as in the best it is; / But this most foul, strange, and unnatural.
    Ham. haste me to know't, that I, with wings as swift / As meditation or the thoughts of love, / May sweep to my revenge.
    (Hamlet, act I, scene V.)

    btw, Shakespeare used periods, WHY DONT YOU? USE PERIODS AT THE END OF A SENTENCE!!!!!! that is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts always contain spoiler alerts, which I like. It lets you get straight to the point on your opinion of the story. Your posts would be better if they were longer. I hope you're feeling better [after falling down those stairs]! BTW Willem laughed when he found out and was upset that you didn't die. I yelled at him.

    ReplyDelete